Saturday September 10, 2011
Merriweather Post Pavillion
10475 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044-3503
Doors Open at 3:30pm
Deadmau5, The Black Keys, Cee Lo Green, Calvin Harris, James Murphy, TV On The Radio, Cut Copy, Big Sean, Patti Smith, and so many more make for an epic event.
The Cause: RE*Generation
RE*Generation is devoted to empowering today’s homeless youths and young adults, providing them an opportunity sleep with a roof over their heads.
Did you know?
- Over two million youth (ages 12 to 24) will experience at least one episode of homelessness each year?
- Or that over 100,000 youth sleep on the street for 6 months or more in America?
- Green Chimneys: Creates futures for children with emotional, social, behavioral, and learning challenges
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork: assists roughly 200 youths per year at the Sasha Bruce House when they need a place to stay and some support
- Stand Up for Kids: finds, stabilizes, and helps homeless and street children improve their lives through a dedicated network of volunteers
- The Black Keys
- TV on the Radio
- Cee Lo Green
- James Murphy
- Cut Copy
- Big Sean
- Patti Smith
- Full lineup at: http://virginmobilefestival.com/line-up
The Green Spot
Virgin Mobile FreeFest aims to be as clean as it can possibly be. In order to keep the venue clean, here’s some of what they’re doing:
- Eliminating trash
- Composting food items
- Using recycled and organic products
- Using clean energy wherever possible, including solar panels in parts of the venue
- Carbon offsetting to reduce ecological footprint
Merriweather Post Pavilion
This legendary amphitheatre has seen it all, from Jimi Hendrix, The Who, and Led Zeppelin to hot events this summer like Wiz Khalifa and The Black Eyed Peas. With a fantastic sound system, large video screens, Merriweather will sport a few new additions for Virgin Mobile Free Fest, including:
- Two enormous stages
- A massive dance tent worthy of the world’s favorite mau5man
- Fire sculptures, circus performers, and more
- Plenty of surprises!
If you plan on attending Virgin Mobile Free Fest, please don’t forget to do your part by donating to combat youth homelessness. Remember, the tickets were a gift. Donate link: http://www.virginunite.com/campaign/USA/The-REGeneration-USA/
Volunteer through FREE.I.P.
- Through the RE*Generation program, they have partnered with at-risk and homeless youth organizations across the country who need your support. Select volunteers will earn their tickets!
- Purchase a Fan-E-Pack for $49.50 and you’ll get a general admission ticket, donation to youth homelessness, limited-edition Festival t-shirt and poster, souvenir cup that comes with $1 discounts on soda and domestic beers, and early admission to Festival grounds.