- Venue Type: Bar
- Estimated Size: 300
- Amenities: Outdoor patio, Sat/Sun brunch, old-time photo booth
- Cover Charge: None
- Hours: M – Th: 6PM – 2AM
F: 6PM – 3AM
Sat: 11AM – 3AM
Sun: 11AM – 3AM
- Dress Code: In Effect after 10PM on weekends: No Sweats/athletic wear, hats, boots, baggy/offensive/see through clothing, sleeveless t-shirts, chains, hoods, camouflage, white tees, sunglasses at night
- Age Requirement: 21+
- Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
- Address: 2447 18th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. (202) 986 1742
- Website: grandcentraldc.com
- Atmosphere: The center of it all. Grand Central is right in the thick of it every week in Adams Morgan. It’s got 2 levels, a slightly sunken dance floor and like most of the bigger places in AdMo, it’s full of people looking to have fun, party hard, get wasted and hook up.
Grand Central features a relatively simple layout. Walking in passed a patio that’s great in the warmer months, guests find an old-time photo booth should they want before, during and after shots of the evening. To the left is a sunken dance floor ‘room’ with entrances on each side. DJs spin the typical pop you hear on the radio.
Straight ahead is the main bar and standing room. Looking up, patrons suddenly realize why Grand Central is named after the famous Manhattan train station. The rounded, patterned ceiling is modeled after the storied hub of NY travel. A massive portrait of ‘The Most Interesting Man in the World’ adds the perfect touch.
Between the dance floor and main bar is a staircase leading to an upstairs bar and tables.
Sports Affiliations: Buffalo Bills and Sabres, Syracuse Orange, Washington Capitals
$5 Captain Morgan drinks during Caps games, $3 Labatt during Buffalo games, $3 Bud/Bud Light ’til Midnight during baseball games.
Sun/Mon/Tues: Bocce Court
M – F: Happy Hour 6-9PM
Tuesdays: Bocce League
Wednesday: Flip Cup League
Thursdays: Bocce League
Latest Updates from Grand Central
How’d ya like Grand Central? Share your feedback below!
Put down the pom-poms and leave the hateraid at home. We want honest, real feedback. No cheerleaders, no pissed off rants.
Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet