- Venue Type: Restaurant/Lounge
- Amenities: Full menu, full bar, house-infused vodka, DJ, bottle service, private events, brunch, happy hour
- Hours: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 1:30am, Saturday: 12:00pm – 2:00am, Sunday: 11:30am – 1:00am
- Dress Code: Casual
- Age Requirement: 21+ after 9:00pm
- Location: Farragut North/Dupont Circle
- Address: 1141 Connecticut Ave NW
- Contact: 202-783-7777
- Website: www.marivanna.ru/washington
Located close to the Farragut North metro and just outside of Dupont Circle, Mari Vanna is an essential stop for anyone in the DC area. Serving up delicious authentic Russian homestyle cuisine during the day and supplying D.C. with an impressive selection of over 70 house-infused vodka’s by night, Mari Vanna boasts an ambient atmosphere that gives its patrons an eclectic “tea party-meets-grandma’s-house” vibe. The D.C. location is its biggest one yet, and for good reason – this place has a lot to offer.
If you like dancing, good music, great food, and vodka that you don’t need a chaser for, then I would say Mari Vanna is the place for you. The cocktail lounge upstairs is perfect for a night out with friends. It’s got an intimate atmosphere but you’ll never feel like you’re being overcrowded. The crowd stays pretty steady all night, usually a mix of DC natives, tourists, and people from all around the world. Bottle service is available upon request. I would definitely recommend ordering some of their house-infused vodka if you have a group of people with you. Another perk of Mari Vanna is the keys. You can ask the bartender upstairs for a key, which you’ll need on most Monday nights to get in (or be with someone who has one). Bottom line: whether you decide to start or end your night here, going to Mari Vanna is always a good idea.
View their menu here.
*All images courtesy of Travis Vaughn and Mari Vanna.Tweet