- Venue Type: Concert Venue & Dance Bar
- Estimated Size: 600
- Amenities: Private suites, in-house catering, live music, coat check, roof top
- Cover Charge: Concert prices vary
2nd Floor + Roof are free
- Hours: Concerts:
M to Su: 7/8 – finish
Th to Sat: 7/8 – finish
- Dress Code: None
- Age Requirement: Concerts: All ages w/ guardian
2nd Floor + Roof: 21+
- Neighborhood: H Street
- Address: 1353 H St. NE Washington, DC 20002. (202) 388-7625
- Website: www.rockandrollhoteldc.com
- Atmosphere: A staple of Washington DC’s H-Street Corridor, Rock & Roll Hotel features indy rock/underground concerts, eclectic dance parties and a helluva good time. It’s got a great mix of non-pretentious people just coming as they are for a great time. Private suites can either be booked or stumbled in on, but you can’t actually rent them overnight! Whether you want live indy rock, a fun dance party, a chill lounge or a rooftop escape, Rock & Roll Hotel has options.
As one fan of the Rock and Roll Hotel in Washington DC put it, “All ya have to do is worry about getting to and from and the rest is taken care of.” While H Street may be a destination DC nightlife neighborhood, it is nonetheless home to a growing, laid back, ‘come as your are’ bar scene.
With a main room outfitted for live concerts, Rock & Roll Hotel serves as a DC concerts destination for indie rock, live funk, hardcore, DJ PAs and just about everything in between. The main room is simple, with a bar to the left, ‘front of house’ set up to the right and stage front and center.
Venturing upstairs brings the 21+ to a dance party with a lounge to the left, place to shake it in the middle and bar to the back. Beyond are the ‘hotel’ rooms, famous for their cozy, eclectic vibes. Ranging in capacity from 10 – 40, the rooms can be booked or stumbled into, if ya know what we mean! Hang out in the My Bloody Valentine Suite, book The Presidential Suite or post up in Chairman Mao’s Studio.
When it’s not filled with the quirky dance moves of H street all-stars, the 2nd floor serves as a place for R&R’s famous drunk spelling bees and other reckless bar games.
And finally, in the winter of 2011/2012 R&R was finally able to open up it’s heated rooftop for 21+ to enjoy the brisk DC weather! When the summer hits this is going to be the spot to be in the H Street Corridor!
- Concerts vary from indie rock, southern rock and death metal to vocal groups, electro punk and all types of funk. You’ll just have to check the schedule to figure things out.
- Fridays: Drunk Spelling Bee where you must have a drink in hand to compete! 4th-9th grade word lists, dirty word lists and theme rounds. At the podium you can tell competitors to drink. The MC can make you drink whenever he wants.
- Saturdays: STANK! – Last Saturday of every month. Heaters, rug burners, tracks to chant to, eastern European music videos, and full out dance floor insanity w/ The Metaphysical. Featuring local DJ’s going all out.
- Weekend Dance Parties can and will vary in genre. You could get some funky disco, electro, baltimore club, hip-hop, who knows! Best to call and ask what the DJ is spinning!
Latest Updates from Rock & Roll Hotel
Video Tour: Rock & Roll Hotel in Washington DC
What do YOU think?
How was your experience at the Rock and Roll Hotel? Share your feedback below!
Feedback should be insightful, helpful, and intelligent. Remember, the owners of these venues often read and reply, so make sure your complaints are valid, criticisms are constructive, and your compliments justified. If you didn’t like a place, explain what could be improved. If you had a bad experience, explain what went wrong in a civilized manner. If you liked a place, explain what made it great.
Note: Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet