- Venue Type: Underground nightclub with studio-quality sound and equipment
- Amenities: Full bar, VIP bottle service
- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10pm-4am
- Friday, Saturday: 10pm-5am
- Dress Code: None on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights; dressy casual on Fridays and Saturdays
- Location: K Street
- Address: 1420 K Street Northwest
- Contact: 202.789.5429
- Website: www.soundcheckdc.com | facebook.com/soundcheckdc
If you want to go out and dance, but can’t decide between a large club or a smaller lounge: this is the place to go. Designed to remind club-goers of the golden age of underground dance, Soundcheck has been outfitted with LED walls, lights and lasers that rival Echostage, and the classic, necessary disco balls.
The new space (formerly Lotus) is also, more notably, designed to imitate a recording studio. It has “state-of-the-art d&b audiotechnik Y-series speakers, installed by the same team behind Echostage’s sound system, and [has a] system of honeycombed acoustic panels on the walls and ceiling, and the reinforced cork floor” (Washington Post). So don’t be fooled as you first walk through the ground-level entrance to head downstairs, because you won’t hear the enormous party raging downstairs. And we mean enormous: they’ve already got the likes of Pete Tong, the Stafford Brothers, and Audien on their list of upcoming DJs.