- Venue Type: Mega Club
- Estimated Size: 2,500 people
- Amenities: 7 Bars, 4 Rooms, 2 Mezzanines, Bottle Service, Hookah, Snack Bar, Coat Check
- Cover Charge: $20-$50
- Hours: Thu: Special Events 10pm-4am, Fri: 10pm – 3am, Sat: 10pm – 4am
- Dress Code: Strictly Enforced. No shorts, boots, athletic wear
- Age Requirement: 18+
- Location: NoMA
- Address: 33 Patterson St NE Washington DC 20002
- Atmosphere: The largest nightclub in Washington, DC; Fur provides the ultimate clubbing experience. With a capacity of up to 2,500 people, it caters to the biggest events DC nightlife has to offer. Every week Panorama Productions and Club Glow bring top DJs like David Guetta, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren and Benny Benassi. Fur also hosts hip-hop acts like Diddy, Nelly and Run DMC as well as early evening rock shows and corporate events. It features two mezzanines with separate bars, bottle service and stadium-style box seats. Fur’s Martini and Mafia rooms provide ample space for multiple music formats as well as additional VIP options. Weather permitting, Fur’s heated outdoor patio provides even more music, a space for smoking cigarettes and the option to smoke hookah.
Fur was DC’s mega club before Echostage became the new home for GLOW. The building was once a fur factory, hence the name. With lines known to stretch both sides of the entrance, around the building and down the block; promoter guest lists and bottle service are recommended for fast, easy entry.
Upon entering the club, patrons are provided multiple options. Immediately to the left is a snack bar complete with food, drinks, glow sticks and everything else required to enhance your experience. Straight ahead is a massive bar and to the left, VIP booths. Around the bar is the Martini room, boasting a dance floor, raised DJ booth and private VIP box. Beyond is a doorway leading to the Mafia Room on one side and coat check and patio on the other. The Mafia Room’s dance floor gives way to a staircase leading to a raised bar/lounge area. The patio hosts a stage, DJ booth, tiki bar and roped section of benches and tables to enjoy hookah.
If you’re looking for the biggest room in DC clubbing, stairs to the right of the main entrance lead into the sunken main room, capable of holding 2000+ people. Complete with a birdcage for dancers, bars on either side, a stage on one end and a raised DJ booth on the other, a packed main room at Fur is something you can’t understand until you experience it. Stairways on each side of the room lead to a mezzanine that wraps around the entire floor, providing amazing vantage points to experience the top acts in the world.
Update: See Fur Nightclub’s newly renovated patio (photo tour).
- Thursdays serve as a special concert night at Fur. Past events include Glow parties with David Guetta, Bob Sinclar and Steve Angello’s ‘Size Matters’ label party.
- Fridays at Fur serve as DC’s biggest hip-hop party.
- Saturdays are Glow. With acts like David Guetta, Tiesto, Kaskade, Benny Benassi and Avicii coming on a regular basis, Glow Saturdays at Fur serve as DC’s #1 party. In addition to trance/house in the main room, Glow also brings hip-hop to the Martini Room with DJ Geometrix, Latin music to the Mafia Room with Migo DJs and
Latest Updates from Ultrabar
Get Hooked Up
Photo Tour: Main Room
Photo Tour: Main Room Mezzanines
Photo Tour: Martini Room
Photo Tour: Mafia Room
Photo Tour: Patio
** Update: May 2011 ** See Fur Nightclub’s newly renovated patio (photo tour).
Video Tour: Fur Nightclub
What do YOU think?
How was YOUR experience with Fur? Share your feedback below!
The owners of these venues often read and reply. Please make sure your compliments are valid and your criticism is justified. If you didn’t like a place, explain what could be improved. If you liked a place, explain what things made it great.
Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet