- Venue Type: Underground Club
- Estimated Size: 500
- Amenities: None, and that’s the point. No photo, no video.
- Cover Charge: $10 – $20, usually free before 11 for 21+
- Hours: Early shows start at 7pm
Nightlife generally 10 – 2 or 3
- Dress Code: None
- Age Requirement: 18+ must purchase tix in advance
- Neighborhood: U Street
- Address: 1115A U Street NW Washington, DC 20009. (202) 588-1880
- Website: www.ustreetmusichall.com
- Atmosphere: Famous since its 2010 opening, U Street Music Hall is an underground DJ and concert venue that focuses on the music. No bottle service, no state of the art light system, no bells, no whistles. The sound system however, is arguably the best in DC nightlife. Featuring DJ acts in the evening spinning techno, dubstep, moombahton and underground house; and live acts early doing indy, punk, samba, rap, big band and more; U-Hall caters to the ‘be yourself and party hard’ kind of crowd.
The building at 1115 U street houses a 7/11, Subway, Dry Cleaner and a door with a small black awning featuring a “U” with a lighting bolt through it. The door leads down a set of stairs, passed a ticketing booth and into U Street Music Hall. The layout is simple, a rectangle and a square are connected at the corners.
Enterimg U-Hall you find yourself in a hang-out area with a bar, passed that is a large rectangular room with a stage on the near side, DJ booth on the far side, bar on the left-hand wall and kitchen between the bar and stage. That’s it! The beauty of U Street Music Hall is its simplicity. It’s about the music, period.
- Moombahton Massive happens the last Wednesday of every month. It’s the global flagship party of the DC-born, internationally recognized Moombahton genre of dance music.
- Red Fridays bring DC nightlife its weekly deep, disco and tech house party featuring local and international DJs.
- Blisspop happens the 4th Saturday of every month and is hosted by DJ/venue co-owner Will Eastman.
- Nouveau Riche is a concept by Gavin Holland, Steve Starks & Nacey. They make music and make it literal with a monthly Saturday rager.
- In addition, outside promoters are known to book international acts like Richie Hawtin, Skream & Benga, Paco Osuna, J. Cole, Lee Foss, Joe Budden and more.
Get Hooked Up
Get the U-Hall logo (on the awning above) tattooed anywhere on your body and receive free entry/cut the line privileges for life.
Latest Updates from U Street Music Hall
Video Tour: U Hall in Washington DC
How’d ya like U Hall? Share your feedback below!
Put down the pom-poms and leave the hateraid at home. We want honest, real feedback. No cheerleaders, no pissed off rants.
Note: Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet