- Venue Type: Lounge
- Estimated Size: 100 people
- Amenities: Bottle Service, Exclusivity
- Cover Charge: None
- Hours: Mon – Thurs: 10:00pm – 2:00am (Closed Wed), Fri/Sat: 10:00pm – 3:00am
- Dress Code: Case by case
- Age Requirement: 21+
- Location: Midtown
- Address: 1802 Jefferson Place, Washington DC.
- Contact: 202-716-2055, email@example.com
- Website: heist.com
- Atmosphere: Ownership held nothing back when rebranding the former Fly Lounge as Heist. Highlights of what was no doubt a hefty interior design bill include gold-plated urinals, a Swarovski crystal piece above the bar and bullet holes in the bar (they shot it up, then installed it). Getting the door staff to acknowledge your existence is not easy, but the management, bartenders and cocktail waitresses are great. And the crowd at this VIP lounge? Surprisingly fun-loving; a breath of fresh air from your typical ‘look at me i’m someone important’ douchey VIP crowd.
As mentioned, Heist DC’s chic design combined with its low capacity and fun crowd (who popped an awful lot of Ace of Spades while we were there), allows the door staff to be rather selective with whom they allow inside.
The DC lounge is set up more or less into 2 sections: a bar area and a DJ area.
Descending into the most pimped out nightlife prison you will ever see, there’s a bar area ahead/to the right with a VIP alcove around the corner. Bow tie-laden bartenders serve a variety of beverages from the typical favorites to Heist DC mixology specials like The Bearcat (rum, fresh blackberries, lemon juice) and Robert the Bruce (12 year-old Scotch, yellow chartreuse, green tea). The golden, bullet hole-filled bar and crystal ceiling design are eye-catching to say the least.
Moving through the venue to the DJ area, you’ll find the booth to the right, next to the bar. On the other side of the DJ booth is another slightly raised VIP alcove. Another VIP corner exists across from the booth. An intimate dance floor ties it all together.
Long-time DC resident and Heist co-owner Charles “DJ Dirty Hands” Koch made sure to have a DJ booth he could be proud of. It features a 24-karat gold buffalo skull and is an invitation-only VIP booth in and of itself.
To appreciate the intricacies of Heist’s interior design one must examine them up close and personal. They really did spare no expense. From the mirrored ceiling/floor designs in the bar area to the custom wall panels and barred, in-wall art.
- Tuesdays: Industry Night
- Th, F, Sat: Bookings include top open-format DJs, NY/Miami/LA residents, etc.
Latest Updates from Heist DC
What do YOU think?
How was your experience at Heist? Share your feedback below!
We’re not looking for trolls and we’re not looking for cheerleaders. We’re looking for honest feedback. Thanks!Tweet