- Venue Type: Lounge/Bar
- Estimated Size: 400 people
- Amenities: The view!
- Cover Charge: None
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 11a – 12a, Friday & Saturday: 11am – 2:00a (Food until 9p), Sunday Brunch: 11am – 2pm
- Dress Code: Fashionably chic. No baseball hats, flip flops, tank tops, sneakers or athletic wear
- Age Requirement: 21+
- Location: Downtown DC close to K Street
- Address: 515 15th Street NW, Washington, DC
- Contact: (202) 661-2400
- Website: pointofviewdc.com
Washington, DC’s location of the internationally-renowned W Hotel features one of the capital’s favorite rooftop hangouts.
The building itself was built in 1918 as The Hotel Washington. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. After a 2-year building renovation, the W Hotel opened its doors in 2008.
Exiting the elevator at the top of the 10-story building, you’ll find a sleek, minimalist hallway leading to a terrace on the right and dance-floor/bar/party room ahead.
The two-toned, marble floored terrace features beautiful views of the White House and Washington Monument, a bar at either end and plenty of lounge space. Bottle service is available and when crowded, may be required for seating. It’s elegant, not too wild and a great space for a date, pre-game or casual evening in the spring, summer or fall.
The main room features a large, oval-shaped bar, DJ, dance floor and bottle-service with stunning views of our National Mall. And as you would expect from any W Hotel… it’s all really really nice 🙂
A quick 180 from the terrace at POV!
What do you think?
How was your experience at POV at The W Hotel in Washington, DC? Share your feedback below!Tweet