- Venue Type: Lounge/Bar
- Estimated Size: 400 people
- Amenities: Hookah, lounge
- Cover Charge: Varies
- Hours: Dinner: Beg. 5PM
Vita & Penthouse: 10PM – 12AM (weekdays) 3AM (weekends)
- Dress Code: Varies
- Age Requirement: 21+
- Location: Between U Street & Gallery Place
- Address: 1318 9th St NW Washington, DC
- Contact: (202) 550 0104
- Website: vitaloungedc.com
- Atmosphere: Sleek lounge downstairs, low key bar with hookah upstairs. Vita can be really great or slightly confusing depending on who you’re with and what you’re looking for. To be fair, we’ve only been once on a Friday. The downstairs crowd was a random mix of people, all of whom seemed to be having a blast listening to upbeat tech/house. The upstairs crowd was more of the underground variety, enjoying deeper beats, hookah and low key chilling.
Vita has a straight-on layout with a raised VIP area to the right and a bar to the left. Reddish-pink wall panels illuminate the room. Tucked in the corner at the end of the bar is a DJ booth. Some would say it’s a bit too out fo the way. Beyond that is a set of about 5 steps leading to a raised back area. It’s very spacious and has some nice VIP booths.
The upstairs of Vita, named Penthouse 9, is bit more unique. It’s a hookah lounge/bar with a rustic American vibe. At the top of the stairs, immediately to the left and around a corner is a VIP area. It’s an nice, intimate group setting. Straight ahead is a bar and small DJ booth. Beyond that is a back room with a hookah bar. Penthouse 9 is a chill spot to hang out with some seriously dope music if you like the deep stuff.
Vita is also an Italian-American restaurant serving specialties like New Zealand lamb chops, New Orleans salmon and Seafood Linguine.
- Friday: Happy Hour: 5-8
Vita: ‘Unplugged’ with Johnny Diaz and friends (Moombahton, Electro, Bass, House)
Penthouse: Illegal Lizard, Christauff and Doc Saxx (Techno, Deep House).
What do YOU think?
How was your experience at Vita Lounge? Share your feedback below!Tweet