- Venue Type: Restaurant, Lounge
- Estimated Size: 350 people
- Amenities: Valet, Bottle Service, Kitchen open late, Private Dining Room
- Cover Charge: None
Lunch, Mon – Fri: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner, Mon – Thurs: 5:30pm – 10pm
Fri – Sat: 5:30pm – 11pm
Nightlife, Thurs: 10pm – 2am
Fri – Sat: 10pm – 3am
- Dress Code: Look nice. Don’t wear a t-shirt or sneakers.
- Age Requirement: 21+
- Location:Golden Triangle
- Address: 919 19th Street NW Washington, DC 20006. (202) 331 3232
- Website: www.citieswashington.com
- Atmosphere: The natural, earth-toned color scheme and ambient lighting of Cities Washington DC provides a simple, elegant backdrop for the DC nightlife player. 24 LED screens enhance the experience with visions of international oases. Segmented into three areas with a retractable wall on the patio/dining room, bridged-bar and VIP booth-laden lounge; Cities is a playground for DC nightlife regulars and high-end lounge goers.
The original Cities Washington, located in Adams Morgan, catered to DC nightlife’s high-end crowd. The main attraction was the quarterly changing of the menu and decor to reflect the most chic cities in the world. Years after closing its doors, the concept of Cities Washington has been reborn. Every few months the menu, visuals and certain elements of decor will change to reflect that quarter’s highlighted city.
For Summer 2011, Cities will be highlighting the culinary and aesthetic pleasures of Athens, Greece; Havana, Cuba; and Shanghai, China; with Washington, DC being a year-round feature. Current highlights from the restaurants small-plate-style menu include Goat Cheese Fritters (tempura-style), Yellowfin Tuna Tartar, the Cuban Sandwich (a classic!) and the Chesepeake Crab Cakes.
A massive downtown sidewalk leads to an equally large outdoor patio, complete with plush couches and lowered tables. With off-duty officers serving as security, patrons can rest easy knowing the concept of cocky bouncers has been smashed. A retractable wall provides a glimpse into Cities’ sleek dining room, which is rather difficult at times to find a seat. Needless to say, reservations are recommended if you plan on dining.
The dining room leads up to a gorgeous, 2-sided bar where the liquor is found in the center of the bartenders’ work space. Well lit and very clean, it’s one of the more attractive bars in DC lounges. While one half of the bar serves the patio and dining room, the other half serves one of the most trendy lounges in DC. A sunken room with more VIP booths than standing room, Cities is a defining ‘bottles and models’ DC lounge. The LED screens wrapping the walls, beautiful women, well-dressed men and hefty bar tabs exemplify this to the fullest.
- Thursday – Saturday features gorgeous people, bottles of champagne and vodka, house music and an open-air venue, weather permitting. It’s high-end and low-key.
For private parties, please contact Carla Urquart at email@example.com
Latest Updates from Cities
Photo Tour: Patio
Photo Tour: Dining Room
Photo Tour: Lounge
What do YOU think?
How was your DC nightlife experience with Cities? Share your feedback below!
The owners of these venues often read and reply. Your thoughts will be taken seriously if they are honest and constructive. If you had a bad experience, explain what could be improved. If you had a great time, explain what made it great.
Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet