- Venue Type: Music Theater
- Estimated Size: 2000+ capacity
- Amenities: VIP lounge, balcony, food
- Cover Charge: $10 – $90
- Hours: Check calendar for concert schedule
- Dress Code: None
- Age Requirement: All Ages
- Neighborhood: Silver Spring, Maryland
- Address: 8656 Colesville Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20910. (301) 960-9999
- Website: fillmoresilverspring.com
- Atmosphere: With franchise origins in San Francisco as the place for acid rock during the 1960s, The Fillmore has since spread into major cities across the United States with the help of Live Nation. Spacious, clean, and inviting with an amazing sound system and top-notch visual productions, The Fillmore is easily one of the best places for live music in DC!
Approaching The Fillmore is a lot like strolling up to an old school movie theater: there’s the neon sign, convenient suburban location, and a surprisingly friendly and efficient staff. Once you grab your tickets at the box office, it’s time to step inside and start the show!
Pass will call, you’ll find yourself in a high ceiling lobby garnered with chandeliers. It’s now time to make the most important decision of your night: do I watch from the floor or climb upstairs to to the wraparound balcony?
Floor: Stepping through the row of double doors and walking out onto the main floor, you immediately notice how the stage fills up the entire back wall. Regardless of where you stand on the floor, you have a clear line of site straight to the performers. No annoying columns or visual obstructions. Intelligent lighting and stacks of speakers hang above the stage and throughout the venue, ensuring the highest audio/visual concert experience possible. On the sides of the room sit bars where throngs of fans ages 21+ can be found kicking back drinks.
Upstairs: Climb the stairs from the lobby and soak in your concert experience atop The Fillmore’s wraparound balcony. Not only does it offer some of the best views in the house, it’s surprisingly roomy and a comfortable alternative to standing on the floor. The far left and right corners even place you parallel with the stage for an incredible view! There’s a bar in the back and if you’re willing to spend a few extra dollars, you can upgrade your ticket to one of the sideline stadium seats. Or if money isn’t an issue, consider reserving one of the balcony’s VIP tables, situated directly across from the stage in the middle of the balcony!
If you need an escape from the music and crowd, downstairs from the lobby is a VIP lounge area that’s sometimes open to the public.
Latest Updates from The Fillmore Silver Spring
Video Tour: The Fillmore Silver Spring
How’d ya like The Fillmore? Share your feedback below!
Put down the pom-poms and leave the hateraid at home. We want honest, real feedback. No cheerleaders, no pissed off rants.
Note: Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet