- Venue Type: Big Nightclub with a small club vibe
- Estimated Size: 1,000 people
- Amenities: 6 Bars, 4 Floors, VIP Table Service, Valet, Coat Check
- Cover Charge: $20-30 (Get in FREE: See “Get Hooked Up” section at bottom)
- Hours: Thu: 9pm – 2am, Fri + Sat: 9:30pm – 3am
- Dress Code: Strictly Enforced. Casual attire: no shorts, boots, athletic wear
- Age Requirement: 18+
- Location: Downtown/Penn Quarter. Near Verizon Center
- Address: 911 F St NW Washington DC 20004. (202) 638 4663
- Website: www.ultrabardc.com
- Atmosphere: Ultrabar is a larger multi-level nightclub appealing largely to the 18-30 crowd. It’s laid out to maximize dancefloor space for those who really like to dance and party, and it definitely gets wild. Boasting 6 bars, 4 dancefloors, 2 mezzanines, and 30+ VIP tables, Ultrabar really sets the standard for Nightclubs in DC.
Ultrabar is an interesting character. The building itself used to be a bank at the turn of the 20th century, and has retained some of the original bank aspects. Ornate marble accents the bar area wall on the main floor, safe deposit boxes are illuminated behind colored glass in the basement vault (which is now a lounge level), true hardwood floors run throughout the club, and the original trim work and masonry has been fully restored but given a colorful paint job.
Combined with the modern LED lighting, Stainless steel accents, Marble bartops, Glass walls, and modern decor, it makes for an upscale, clean, and inviting atmosphere.
But don’t let that fool you, this place really gets down. Each floor has its own music format, a talented DJ on the decks, and a big bar to boot. And of course, each floor features all the insane lights and pounding sound that you’d expect to see in a club like this. Each floor also has its own VIP section where private tables can be booked. The main floor additionally has two overlooking mezzanines with bars so you can have your drink and look down at the dancing people below.
- Glow & Friends (Thursday): Glow brings the biggest DJs from around the world right in front of you.
- Ladies Night (Friday)
- Saturdays: 9-10 open bar, 6 bars, 5 levels, 4 DJs. This is DC’s most consistently packed Saturday night party!
Latest Updates from Ultrabar
Get Hooked Up
Photo Tour: Main Floor
Photo Tour: Vault (Basement)
Photo Tour: Mezzanine (overlooking main floor)
Photo Tour: The Bedroom (2nd Floor)
Photo Tour: Chroma (3rd Floor)
Video Tour: Ultrabar Nightclub DC
What do YOU think?
How was YOUR experience with Ultrabar? Share your feedback below!
Feedback should be insightful, helpful, and intelligent. Remember, the owners of these venues often read and reply, so make sure your complaints are valid, criticisms are constructive, and your compliments justified. If you didn’t like a place, explain what could be improved. If you had a bad experience, explain what went wrong in a civilized manner. If you liked a place, explain what things made it great.
Note: Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet