DC nightlife’s consolation prize: A new city policy that allows for extended alcohol sales on holidays.
The District of Columbia’s 2013 fiscal budget (effective 10/01/12) allows venues to apply for extended liquor permits on the evening before holidays such as Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and even Inauguration Day.
What does this mean for you?
It means you can party harder, better, faster, stronger when you have work off for a holiday! Work has been cancelled, everyone’s in from out of town and you definitely want to be out partying later than 2AM. Well… now you can!
REMEMBER: Extended bar hours do not mean you can drive drunk through the streets of DC blasting your horn and screaming out the window. Be smart and be safe.
Washington DC’s ABC affiliate recently reported live from Ultrabar, profiling the venue as a prime destination for DC parties:
57 bars applied for permits and 42 received them, thus earning extended hours for Columbus and Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more next year.
1. Probably some of the freakiest, most gruesome costumes we saw this year. They need to be featured in a horror film ASAP. They may not be sexy but they look scary as hell. Taken at Psychedelic Nightmare 3 at Echostage.
2. To be honest, the deadmau5 helmet thing is pretty played out. But the dead mobster in a 3-piece with two bullet holes in his forehead was pretty awesome. Taken at Psychedelic Nightmare 3 at Echostage.
3. The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man – the most classic non-human from Ghostbusters… besides Slimer. Whoever wore this had some major guts…and lost gallon of sweat by the end of the night. Taken at Psychedelic Nightmare 3 at Echostage.
4. Big boy in a penguin suit wearing over-sized sunglasses ftw!!! It’s one of those costumes that just makes you chuckle. Taken at Psychedelic Nightmare 3 at Echostage.
5. Couples Costumes. Not many people can pull these off without looking like complete idiots. This couple came matching but if they went their separate ways, would look good on their own. The girl pulled off the skeleton look with her own girlish flare while her guy went all out with a mask and full body suit. Taken at Nightmare on F Street at Ultrabar.
6. This girl’s human body suit gives us a full view of her insides whether we like it or not. Not many girls are as skinny as this so the chances of seeing this outfit again is pretty slim. Taken at Nightmare on F Street at Ultrabar.
7. With some sick makeup and an intricate bodysuit, this girl looks both sexy and creepy. Not easy to pull off! We don’t really know what she is but she looks good anyways. Taken at Psychedelic Nightmare 3 at Echostage.
8. This girl’s costume is so good, we wouldn’t recognize her if we saw her on the street the next day. Taken at Psychedelic Nightmare 3 at Echostage.
You can never go wrong with the generic stuff when it looks this good Top two from Nightmare on F Street, bottom at Psychedelic Nightmare.
VIP lounge, Microsoft lounge, Blogger lounge on site
Celebrate Election 2012 and watch history go down! Open bars, food, HDTVs, flat screens, projectors and WiFi make Barcode and/or Ultrabar the perfect choice(s) to celebrate the 2012 Presidential Election.
Win or lose, November 6 is your night to celebrate the election season with political junkies from around the world! Vote, then party just blocks from the White House in Downtown Washington DC. With DC having the biggest political atmosphere in the US, this is the perfect time to break out of those work clothes and celebrate the election! On November 7, it’s back to the old grind, so don’t miss a few hours to sit back, raise a (free!) glass and toast to a historic moment right from your prime place in the US Capitol.