- Venue Type: Bar/Live Venue
- Estimated Size: 300 people
- Amenities:Stage, rooftop, kitchen
- Cover Charge: $0 – $10
- Hours: Sun-Wed: 5:00pm – 2:00am, Thurs: 4:00pm – 2:00am, Fri/Sat: 4:00pm – 3:00am
- Dress Code: None
- Age Requirement: 18+ or 21+, varies
- Location: U Street
- Address: 1940 9th Street NW Washington, DC 20001
- Contact: (202) 483-5000 email@example.com
- Website: dcnine.com
- Atmosphere: If you’re looking for a small, live venue or a no frills dance party that’s a little less intense than U-Hall, DC-9 is your place. A 3-level venue with a bar on the first floor, small stage/dance floor on the second and a rooftop bar on top; DC-9 is quite simply, a cool ass spot. It’s definitely not a ‘look at me’ kind of place. Being next to Nellie’s and across the street from The Brixton, it can get an interesting mix of people.
Walking into to DC-9 you’d never think it to be a place to dance or see bands. It seems like a typical bar. Booths in the back, bar in front, juke box. The only thing missing is some dudes smoking cigars. But heading upstairs, the entire vibe shifts.
A DJ Booth at the top of the stairs faces down a hallway-like space that leads to a stage/dance floor area with a bar. The ground is extremely stompable and with the endless flow of smooth disco (old and new) that we heard on a random Saturday night, stomping is inevitable.
The top level of DC-9 is a roof. Part of it is covered like the porch-addition on a home and has a bar area. We assume in the summer it’s completely open.
- Happy Hour: Mon – Fri: 5PM – 8PM
- Live Music: Nightly. Generally starting at 8/9PM. Check the calendar for upcoming events
- Nightlife: DJs generally begin around 10/11PM. There’s also a kick ass juke box on the bar level!
Latest Updates from DC-9
What do YOU think?
How was your experience at DC-9? Share your feedback below!
We’re not looking for trolls and we’re not looking for cheerleaders. We’re looking for honest feedback. Thanks!Tweet