The return of Mya to the spotlight comes with an added bonus for her native Washington DC fans. Top DC nightlife venues Lima Lounge and Vetro (Lima’s VIP level) serve as backdrop for the top 40 superstar’s latest track, produced by Club Glow DJ Cedric Gervais.
With Mya being a native Washingtonian and Cedric being a favorite of DC nightlife from his performances at Glow Washington DC; Vetro and Lima Lounge provided the perfect locations for them to shoot. With local talents Nicholas Cambata and Douglas Sonders of 8112 Studios in the director/producers seats, Love is the Answer is the quintessential representation of DC art, DC nightlife, DC clubbing and DC film at its finest!
“Working with Cedric Gervais has been an brilliant experience… “Love is the Answer” is only the beginning… we have great synergy in the studio and have so much fun, which makes for energetic, fun and great songs! Cedric is a world-class artist and entertainer whose soundscape translates across the world and it is a pleasure to be able work with him on “Love is the Answer” with many more to come.” – Mya
Gervais, a regular guest of the world famous Glow parties, will be performing at Glow @ Lima Lounge on Thursday June 16.
- As a child performed with tap dance and Broadway star Savion Glover at the Kennedy Center
- Signed with Interscope and released 5 albums from 1998-2008, reaching Gold and Platinum
- Played the role of Mona in 2002’s Chicago, which featured the Billboard smash ‘Lady Marmalade’ with Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya and Pink
- Received 2nd place in Season 9 of the hit ABC show Dancing with the Stars
- Just released her 6th album, K.I.S.S. in Japan. It features production by Japanese super-producers Jeff Miyahara and Daisuke Imai along with a collaboration with Iyaz.
- Moved from Marseilles to Miami as a teen
- Has held residencies at Crobar, Nikki Beach and the Space Terrace. Three of the most coveted gigs in Miami Clubbing
- Had his track “Mauri’s Dream” featured as Pete Tong’s (BBC Radio 1 icon) Essential Tune of the Week three weeks in a row. It is widely considered to be the top track debuted at WMC/Ultra week in 2009
- Recently launched his Sleaze and SleazeTech labels, based in Miami
- Is set to release his Miamication album this summer, with Love is the Answer as the debut single.