A new approach to nightlife in Washington DC
Bar-Cöde celebrates its 1 Year Anniversary
The highly anticipated November 2010 opening of Barcode Restaurant, Bar and Lounge brought with it a slightly new concept to DC nightlife.
While many DC restaurants, lounges and bars focus on one specific niche, Barcöde has attempted to penetrate three.
Catering to 21+ young professionals, the DC lounge has an extensive selection of bottled and draft beers, wines and specialty cocktails.
The kitchen, open ’til midnight, features reasonably priced American classics with a twist. Customer favorites include the Avocado Dip; the wide selection of brick oven, thin crust pizzas; and the Tiramisu.
The popular happy hour features half-off drink specials and carries into the night with DJs and sporting events and fights. The DC bar features ten 42″ HDTVs and two 70″ HD projectors.
Barcöde’s Tuesday happy-hour was voted Best in DC by the Washington Post!
Barcode’s 1 Year Anniversary event happens on Saturday November 5th and features complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres from 10PM-11PM.
To your left, Bar Manager and Beverage Mixologist Ari Wilder explains the ‘how-to’ for creating the Barcode specialty cocktail known as the Orchard Storm.
I’m very proud of what Barcode has become over the last year. I’ve witnessed the food, staff and clientele evolve. The place has a comfortable feel, and the customers respond to it. We now have many regulars that love the food and atmosphere. Sports have become a big attraction by popular demand. For 2012, we’re focusing on consistency and improved service.
-Antonis Karagounis, Owner
- Specialty Cocktails
- Over 30 different beers
- Vast Wine Selection (by the glass or bottle)
- Happy Hour Specials – half priced drinks from 3-7PM (M-F) and 5-7PM (Sat), half off wine Tuesdays, and Sunday $1 beer specials
- Headed by Chef Giovanni Orellana
- Dishes like the Butternut Squash Tortelli, the Spicy Organic Chicken, and the Pancetta Macaroni and Cheese
- Small plates, custom Neapolitan style pizzas, sandwiches, pastas and desserts
- Kitchen open until Midnight
- Past acts include DJ Pauly D, DJ Enferno, Pleasurekraft, Saeed Younan, Havana Brown
- Frequented by local professional athletes and world-class DJs
- Parties range from Top 40/Mash-Up to Latin, House and Hip-Hop
- Bottle Service
- Two 70″ projectors
- Ten 42″ HDTV’s
- $1 beer specials for NFL Sundays
- UFC fights nights
- Free WiFi for your fantasy needs!
A sophisticated and comfortable atmosphere sans red velvet ropes, dress code, uptight VIP nonsense. Barcode has been a refreshing addition to clubs in DC. It’s one of the few DC venues that offers something for everyone – all at the same time! Whether you’re looking for a relaxed lunch, after work cocktail, lavish dinner, the game, or a night of dancing… guests will find everything they’re looking for at Barcode.