- Venue Type: Lounge
- Estimated Size: 500
- Amenities: Bottle Service, Valet, Coat Check, 2 Rooms
- Cover Charge: $20
- Hours: W/Th: 10pm – 2am F/S: 10pm – 3am
- Dress Code: Strictly Enforced, No Dress Code Thursdays
- Age Requirement: 21+, 18+ Tuesdays
- Location: K Street
- Address: 1008 Vermont Avenue NW Washington, DC 20005. (202) 374 8601
- Website: www.josephinedc.com
- Atmosphere: Josephine Lounge in Washington DC is famous for the luxurious playground it provides The District’s young, upscale, fun-loving thrill seekers. Named after Napoleon’s first wife, the lounge is described as “a dark and mysterious adult fun house, all done up in black walls, lavender lights and multifaceted mirrors with embedded LEDs everywhere you look.”
Entry to this chic DC lounges can be difficult on most nights. The attractive patrons one encounters upon descent into this playground for adults justifies the door policy. Large columns throughout the venue are adorned with diamond-shaped mirrors containing small LED lights between them. Plush VIP tables surround a sunken dance floor, while others line the top. More exist in the club’s Gold Room.
Upon entering, to the immediate right are two bars in an ‘L’ shape, forming the outline of a small dance floor. The servers are some of DC’s hottest bartenders. The DJ booth extends just beyond the second bar and hangs over the sunken dance floor. Imagine the hottest people in DC thrown into a plush VIP area, enjoying the finer points of inebriation. And don’t worry if you didn’t purchase a table, you can still get down. Coming out of ‘The Pit’ on the other side one finds themselves entering the Josephine Gold Room. A kingly area that can open to the rest of the club, or clos off via a floating wall. It features a newly remodeled bar that spans the length of the room as well as a more open space that features an increased number of intimate VIP nooks. Josephine lounge in Washington DC is a place to see, be seen, hide, stay hidden, party hard, or take it easy
- Monday: Fiesta – An upscale Latin event featuring an open bar from 10PM to Midnight
- Wednesday: ‘Majesty’ in the Gold Room features one of DC’s best hip-hop parties, while ‘Gold Rush’ in the Gold Room features a Moet-sponsored nightlife industry affair.
- Thursday: Glow Washington DC hosts the venue’s only no dress code, 18+ night featuring the best DJs in the world – Tiesto, Tommy Trash, Cedric Gervais, Thomas Gold, ATB and more.
- Friday: Bliss featuring in-house promos and hip-hop, mashups and the occasional rock to keep things interesting.
- Saturday: Koodeta at Josephine brings a certain, nous ne savons pas. It’s savoir vivre cultivated amongst the gentry of DC nightlife.
Latest Updates from Josephine
Photo Tour: The Pit
Photo Tour: VIP Around The Pit
Photo Tour: The Gold Room
What do YOU think?
How was your experience with Josephine? Share your feedback below! The owners of these venues often read and reply. Your thoughts will be taken seriously if they are honest and constructive. If you had a bad experience, explain what could be improved. If you had a great time, explain what made it great. Feedback that does not fit within these guidelines will not be approved.Tweet