Hockey Season is Back!
When: 7 PM – October 8, 2011
601 F St. NW
Washington, DC 20004
The Washington Capitals are back in action for their NHL season opener against the Carolina Hurricanes!
Finishing the regular season at #1 in the Eastern Conference two straight years and clinching the Southeast division the past four, the Capitals have fallen short in the playoffs each time. After getting swept by the Tampa Bay Lightning this past may in the Eastern Conference semi-finals, the team is still optimistic and geared up for 2011-12.
Owner Ted Leonsis is not worried about the Capitals’ ability to win title games. “Last year the under-reported story of our team was how many young players joined our team,” he stated in July. “They’re not even in their prime.”
“The team will make the playoffs, as I promised, 10 to 15 years in a row. That’s what I believe.”
— Ted Leonsis, Capitals owner —
This upcoming season poses plenty of questions:
- Is coach Bruce Boudreau ready to take the team to the next level?
- How will the Caps start the season after last year’s painful playoff knockout?
- Can The Great 8, Ovechkin, outscore rival Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguin’s this year?
- Is budding star Nicklas Backstrom going to step up after a career-low 65 points last season?
- Who will be the biggest surprise impact player of the season?
Be sure to mark your calendar with the Caps official game day schedule.
In the instance you forget or they’re already sold out, be sure to swing by Barcode and catch the match on their many HDTVs!
Tickets: Click here for tickets
(Remember: the Caps are RED HOT… get your tickets well in advance because they always sell out!)