Move over Apple Martini!
Say hello to Grilled Cheese, McNuggets, Ham and Cheeseburgers!
The Grilled Cheese Martini
Nauseous yet? The Grilled Cheese Martini was created by Kurt Beecher Dammeier of Beecher’s Handmade Cheese and The Cellar, where the $15 off-the-menu cocktail is sold in New York City’s Flatiron District.
- Soak six piping hot sandwiches in 10 gallons of vodka, marinated for 24 hours
- Rimmed Glass with balsamic glaze and crispy Serrano prosciutto
- All poured over a giant tomato ice cube with basil garnish
As for the taste: Apparently it’s exactly like grilled cheese – liquid grilled cheese.
Not to be left in the dark, Chicken McNuggets make their fateful leap into a booze-fueled form. Los Angeles residents, Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark concocted this ultimate drink that combines dinner, cocktail, and dessert- The McNuggetini.
- Vanilla Vodka and McDonalds chocolate milkshake
- Shake and pour into a martini glass rimmed in BBQ sauce
- Topped off with a chicken nugget garnish
The creators’ claim it tastes a lot like a White Russian, once you get past the BBQ sauce.
The Ham Daiquiri
Following up on the McNuggetini, Hardstark and Ward revealed their latest concoction: The Ham Daiquiri!
- Pineapple & Pineapple Soda
- Honey & Honey Ham
- Jamaican Rum
- Liquid Smoke
- All blended together into what they call a “violent storm of pig meat and fruit”
To no surprise, they gag, describing it as “chewy” and “like someone came along and chewed your lunch for you”. They also advised bringing a barf bag- just in case!
Finally, to the delight of meat-lovers everywhere, quirky mixologists dreamed up the Cheeseburger released by Flor de Caña rum.
- Beef stock reduction layered with rum
- Muddled Roma tomatoes and fresh iceberg lettuce water
- Garnished with an aged cheddar frico (a type of cheese crisp) and a kosher dill pickle garnish
Apparently Americans have an insatiable thirst for the perfect cocktail-as-meal but I draw the line at Ham Daiquiri.Tweet